Prof. Dr Marc Helbling
Marc Helbling is Professor of Sociology at the University of Mannheim, specialising in Migration and Integration. His research focuses on migration and citizenship policy, xenophobia and Islamophobia, populist and extremist attitudes, the root causes of migration, and the integration of migrants. He is Associate Editor of the International Migration Review and of the Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies.
- Degree in politics at the University of Lausanne and at the Paris Institute of Political Studies, 1998–2002
- Awarded PhD in political science by the University of Zurich, 2007; research fellowship at New York University, 2005/06
- Postdoc (2009–2011) and Head of an Emmy Noether Independent Junior Research Group (2011–2016) at the Berlin Social Science Centre
- Professor of Political Sociology at the University of Bamberg, 2015–2020
- Professor of Sociology, specialising in Migration and Integration, at the University of Mannheim, since 2020
- Research fellowships at, among others, Harvard University (2011), Princeton University (2012), the University of Sydney and Oxford University (2014), at the European University Institute in Florence (2014, 2018) and at the City University of New York (2019)