Prof. Dr Petra Bendel
Petra Bendel is Professor of Political Science at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg. She heads several research projects on forced migration, migration and integration policy at various policy levels and is Project Lead of the “Forced Migration and Refugee Studies: Networking and Knowledge Transfer (FFVT)” collaborative research project. Petra Bendel is a Member of the Scientific Advisory Board at the Federal Office of Migration and Refugees (BAMF).
- Academic Director of the Centre for Area Studies at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg since 1997
- Guest and substitute professor at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg 2010 and 2011; offered professorship for International Relations and European Policy in 2012 (declined)
- Researcher at the Institute for Ibero-American Studies (today: ILAS) in Hamburg 1992–1996
- Researcher at the Institute of Political Science of the Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg 1989–1992 and 1996–1997
- Postdoctoral research at the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg 2008 with a paper on European migration politics.
- PhD in Political Science, English Studies and Romance Studies from the University of Heidelberg 1996
- Studied in Heidelberg 1984–1992