Prof. Dr Steffen Mau
Steffen Mau is Professor of Macrosociology at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, specialising in Social Change and Social Inequality. His work deals with the processes of transnationalisation, Europeanisation and globalisation. Steffen Mau currently heads international comparative projects on changes to border regimes and the debates around the inclusion and exclusion of migrants and refugees. He is a Member of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW).
- Degree at Freie Universität Berlin, 1991–1997
- Awarded PhD by the European University Institute in Florence, 2002
- Researcher at the Berlin Social Science Centre (WZB) (1997/98) at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (2001–2003)
- Junior Professor of Social Policy (2003–2005) and Professor of Political Sociology (2005–2015) at the University of Bremen
- Professor of Macrosociology at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, since 2015
- Numerous visiting fellowships at international universities