An initiative of: Stiftung Mercator and the Volkswagen Stiftung, Foundation, Bertelsmann Stiftung, Freudenberg Foundation, Robert Bosch Stiftung, Stifterverband and Vodafone Foundation Germany. The SVR’s Annual Report 2020 is being funded by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community.
Prof. Dr. Viola Georgi
Viola B. Georgi is Professor for Diversity Education at the University of Hildesheim Foundation and Director of the “Zentrum für Bildungsintegration. Diversity und Demokratie in Migrationsgesellschaften” (Centre for Education Integration. Diversity and Democracy in Migration Societies). Her work focuses on, among other issues, diversity, education, heterogenity in school, educational media, historical-political education in the migration society, democracy education and citizenship education. Viola Georgi is involved as an advisor in various expert committees and civil society organisations.
Professional background (excerpt):
- Teaching degree and state examinations at the Goethe University Frankfurt and the University of Bristol (England), 1987–1992
- Dual degree in sociology and educational sciences (Diplom) at the Goethe University Frankfurt, 1992–1998
- Doctoral studies at the Goethe University Frankfurt and Harvard University (Cambridge, USA), 1996–2002
- Researcher in the department for social sciences, Goethe University Frankfurt, 1993–1998
- Research project manager at the Center for Applied Policy Research, Ludwig Maximilians-Universität München, 2000–2006
- Visiting scholar at York University, Toronto, Canada, 2010
- Junior professor for intercultural education at the Freie Universität Berlin, 2006–2012
- Professor for diversity education at the University of Hildesheim Foundation and Director of the "Zentrum für Bildungsintegration. Diversity und Demokratie in Migrationsgesellschaften" (Centre for Education Integration. Diversity and Democracy in Migration Societies), since 10/2012
- Visiting scholar at Uppsala University, Sweden, 2015