The Expert Council of German Foundations on Integration and Migration is based on an initiative of the Stiftung Mercator and the VolkswagenStiftung. The initiative includes seven member foundations. In addition to the Stiftung Mercator and the VolkswagenStiftung, the member foundations are: Bertelsmann Stiftung, Freudenberg Foundation, Robert Bosch Stiftung, Stifterverband and Vodafone Foundation Germany.
Karoline Popp studied Geography at Oxford University and Dispute and Conflict Resolution and International Law at London’s School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS). From 2008 to 2017 she worked for the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in the fields of migration policy and international cooperation in Geneva, and in IOM’s Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa in Cairo.
on parental leave
- Researcher in the Expert Council’s Research Unit, since August 2017
- Regional Liaison and Policy Officer, Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa, International Organization for Migration (IOM), Cairo, 2014–2017
- Migration Policy Officer, IOM, Geneva, 2007–2014
- School of Oriental and African Studies, London (M.A. in Dispute and Conflict Resolution), 2007–2008
- Oxford University (B.A. in Geography), 2003–2006